Welcome to the Audio-Video Barn!
The Audio-Video Barn is full of stories about Illinois agriculture. It contains audio and video recordings of more than 130 oral-history interviews with people involved in agriculture and rural life in Illinois. It was produced by the Illinois State Museum's award-winning Oral History of Illinois Agriculture (OHIA) project. The OHIA project was generously supported by a National Leadership Grant from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
- Hear - audio oral-history interviews from the 1950s-1990s (People page).
- See - video oral-history interviews recorded in 2007-2009 (People page).
- Locate - interviews in the Audio-Video Barn by county location (Map page) or by archive collection (Collections page).
- Find - interview clips that interest you by searching the Audio-Video Barn for topics, names, dates, or named places (Clip Search page).
- Look - at images of farming from the 1890s to today (Picture Gallery page) Also access a gallery on each interviewee's People page..
- Learn - how to do oral history (Doing Oral History page).
- Teach - with the Audio-Video Barn in the classroom and at home (Activities page).
- Peek - behind the scenes to discover how the Audio-Video Barn was created (About This Site page).
- Navigate - the Audio-Video Barn with help of the User's Guide (User's Guide page).
- Need Help? - find answers to your questions (Frequently Asked Questions page).
|About This Site||
|Welcome to the Audio-Video Barn!||
|How to do an Oral History||
This section of the Website gives guidance on how to interview someone.
|Connection to external database||This page is a scratch page for testing contact to an external database. It will now enter php and now leaves php.|
|Test page for a query||Outside php again|
|Processing an Interview||
[img_assist|nid=88592|title=Volunteers are Valuable in Processing Or
With the inception of audio recording, Oral History has regained its place of prominence in the Historical community.
A transcriber will listen to an interview and type it word for word.