SEGMENT: RECOLLECTIONS, TOWNS, & CHILDHOOD ACTIVITIES
Emma Snodgrass>UIS Collection S>UIS Collection S, Segment 22
- In Kansas they used dried buffalo chips (manure) for fuel
- CHILDHOOD ACTIVITIES
- They saw elephant footprints in the road when a circus came to Pawnee.
- Vague memories of ice storms of 1912, 1924, and 1978.
- FARMING DURING WWII
- She worried about friend in service during WWII.
- First child, Marcella, born in 1913. Second daughter, Lorene.
- Remembers a Mr. Sprague and uncle Willis at the grocer's who describes Emma's father as an honest man whose bill he would pay even if he was short of money. He never bought more than he could afford.