SEGMENT: RETIREMENT & REFLECTIONS
Barb Male>NIU Collection>NIU Collection, Segment 14
- FARM ORGANIZATIONS
- They hold informative classes. Barb does book keeping for farm. Husband does soil testing.
- Will continue to farm. No desire to move to town.
- Reflects on first year of farm. Had a difficult time. Farm is slower paced life then what she was used to. Lived in city before moving to the farm. Was active with sister in the city. So moving to farm was different. She was lonely, too far from family (over an hour), bored.
- They did more things with children in the past. Occasionally out to dinner.
- Would like to see farm stay a family farm. Feels it's possible that the farm will be built up because of the Tollway. Would like too see daughters marry farmers, thinks it’s a good life.