SEGMENT: LIVESTOCK CARE, LIVESTOCK, & FAMILY FARM
Jim Burrus>ISM Interviews A-L>ISM Interviews A-L, Segment 6
- Talks about how he sells the cattle, in mainly quarters and in halves and gives his WebPages.
- FAMILY FARM
- Talks about the farm being 619 acres, 31 acres of alfalfa, 150 acres of corn. Chores range from taking 2-3 hours in the winter and 1 hour in the summer.
- Tells how he transports the cattle to a processor in Northern Illinois. Chicken can be purchased at the farm, otherwise haul the chicken in the livestock trailer.
- LIVESTOCK CARE
- Talks about the cattle being healthier since starting the organic process. Veterinary bill was $0 the year before. Used to use fly control but it still attracted flies.
- CHILDHOOD WORK
- Did chores before school and had his own hogs when he was nine years old and did 4-H.
- COLLEGE EDUCATION
- Went to Lincoln Land Community College where he met his wife Mary of 39 years.
- CHILDHOOD ACTIVITIES
- He and two boyhood friends, a boy named Dennis and another named Tom Patterson, would go ice skating on the creek and play in a cave on the ditch.