SEGMENT: NON-FARM WORK, NEIGHBORS, & FAMILY
Irma Long>UIS Collection K-M>UIS Collection K-M, Segment 8
- NON-FARM WORK
- Describes work for cemetery board & lists members. Cemetery lots are free.
- Irma notes differences in neighbors & social life from her childhood to her adult farm life. Good relations with neighbors. Family members came over for popcorn.
- Irma talks about her granddaughters & expectation of great-granddaughter. Date of Wilbur's death. He had heart trouble & cancer. Health forced him to quit farming in 1977/78. Rented farm to Keith Chisolm after he quit farming. Irma stayed on farm for 2 years after husband's death. Rents farm at 60/40. Moved to Chesterfield in 1981.
- FAMILY FARM
- Irma talks of improvements she needs to make on farm.
- Irma talks of her present activities. Takes care of farm business. Mentions trips to Hawaii, Branson, MO, AZ, & CA. Plays cards every night.
- Irma gives description of herself & her values. Roll with the punches & help people when they need it. Would not make any changes. Did not have any special goals that would disappoint her.