Michael Johnson>ISM Walk & Talk Interviews>Johnson, Michael, Section 1
- His saw mill is mostly run by hydrolics. Talks about how the machine works.
- The kiln is a room where the boards are stacked very tightly and four fans and a dehumidifier are run to dry them out. They run the dehumidifier at a rate for the hardest to dry species to dry.
- They plane and trim all their lumber. This works easier for their customers, many of whom are amateurs.
- He loves old trucks. This particular truck is their main logging truck. He bought it from a man in Morrison who had acquired it from a gas station in DeKalb. The left the original decals on it. The truck is from 1949.
- He plants trees in tubes close together to protect them from deer. Some plantations are over 20 years old and are becoming a natural forest. To prevent emerald ash bores, they hang an emerald ash bore pheremone trap from a tree.