SEGMENT: FOOD & MEALS, CHILDHOOD EDUCATION, & CHILDHOOD ACTIVITIES
Mary Stark>NIU Collection>NIU Collection, Segment 20
|<-Previous Segment||Next Segment->|
- FOOD & MEALS
- Family always ate together. Discusses mother making own cheese by hand. Mentions gardening and canning. Buying peaches and other fruit from vendor. Dad helped some in garden.
- CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- Curriculum; Family Finances
- CHILDHOOD ACTIVITIES
- Other memories of the farm at Cloverdale. Almost killed by angry sow. Ice skating. Swimming in cow tank. Cows would not drink from tank after sediment stirred up by swimming. "Those darn girls were in that cow tank." Gathering nuts and wildflowers.
- First telephone about 1933. First refrigerator about 1937.
- FARM WORK
- Discusses threshing crew & cooperation between several families. Typical day during threshing time.
- WOMEN'S WORK
- Descriptions of preparing for threshing dinner & feeding of the threshing crew.