SEGMENT: REFLECTIONS, FARM BUSINESS, & RETIREMENT
Milton Lambert>NIU Collection>NIU Collection, Segment 13
- Hazards; Government Programs
- FARM BUSINESS
- Food & Meals; Values; Land Prices; Loans & Credit; Farming Boom
- Milton marketed his livestock, then corn. Raised soy beans, specifically for Japan, "specialty market."
- Milton purchased a retirement program some years ago. Judges it satisfactory, notes the changes the government is making to it, need to keep informed. Milton cashed his in this year after keeping an eye on tax law changes, took the tax break.
- Milton enjoys his independence as a farmer, being able to enjoy the fresh air, pride in owning property. Closes by mentioning there are both bad parts, but lots of good parts to farming. Importance of enjoying the particular lifestyle it offers. He wouldn't trade it.