SEGMENT: ACTIVITIES, LIVESTOCK & REFLECTIONS
Lorene Herschberger>ISM Interviews A-L>ISM Interviews A-L, Segment 17
|<-Previous Segment||Next Segment->|
- Likes to play a game called 'Switch' and the family really enjoys softball.
- WOMEN'S WORK
- Used to help with cows and some farm stuff, doesn't do much anymore. Whenever she helps, she likes to drive the team of horses. Used to have chickens and goats.
- Gets along with town people well & treat the Herschbergers nicely.
- FARMER'S MARKET
- Used to sell produce at the Farmer's Market, but not anymore. Used to sell items like beets, tomatoes, carrots, and sweet corn.
- Took recent vacations to Branson, Missouri and Wisconsin Dells.
- FAMILY BACKGROUND
- Speaks German, prefers it and speaks it better than English. Their dialect is more of a Pennsylvania Dutch/ Swiss.
- Not many farms anymore, different life than what she grew up in. Wives complain that their husbands are gone all day in town working in the wood factories. Thinks the Amish will stay, along with the churches. For future generations, she encourages them to be good and don't forget the Bible.