SEGMENT: WOMEN'S WORK, FARM BUSINESS, & HUSBAND
Irma Long>UIS Collection K-M>UIS Collection K-M, Segment 5
|<-Previous Segment||Next Segment->|
- Irma tells of her 2 month stay in CO. On her return to IL she noted how much had burned up in drought. Host family did not do any work on Sundays. Discussion of where churches were located.
- FARM BUSINESS
- Discussion of why her father worked for Farm Bureau & Farm Service. He needed to pay of sisters for land he farmed.
- FARM ORGANIZATIONS
- Discussion of Farm Bureau & National Farm Organization.
- WOMEN'S WORK
- Discussion of how she wanted to go to secretarial school, but father told her she needed to stay at home & help her mother. Money may have been a bigger concern.
- Discussion of how she met her future husband. Mentions his family's "hard times." Wilbur joined Marines. Married after discharge in 1938.